Sunday, February 22, 2015

Mega Bloks Mishap

I'm working on a masterpost related to Monster High coming up soon! In the meantime, I felt like sharing a story concerning my recent misfortune with a Mega Bloks canister.

If you're unfamiliar with Mega Bloks, they're plastic connector blocks that are similar to Lego. If you're unfamiliar with Lego, I assume you are an alien from deep, uncharted space (even the aliens from nearby planets know about Lego, you know). I've never owned any, so I don't have anything to say one way or the other about them. They look fun though! And there's a nice selection of themes to choose from (Monster High sets coming in Summer 2015! Oh my Ra!).

So, my tale of woe: At work, I was organizing the Mega Bloks section and attempted to gracefully place a Hot Wheels canister on the top shelf. I clumsily missed and the (surprisingly heavy) canister bashed me on the bridge of my nose as it plummeted to the floor.

The culprit.

It hurt. A lot, actually. More than I thought it would after the initial impact. I imagined my face dripping with blood, my poor nose crushed and horrifically bent. After I looked in a mirror, I noticed that I had a small cut on the bridge of my nose and some swelling, but nothing nearly as ghastly as I assumed. As such, I felt like a fool searching around online for "how do I know if my nose is broken," not wanting to add "because a Mega Bloks Hot Wheels cyclinder fell on me and I only have a small bump on my nose." I think I'm fine. There's still a bit of swelling, but I think my pride took the most damage.

C'est la vie.

Questions? Comments? Accident anecdotes? Feel free to drop me a comment, tweet, or email, if you are so inclined.

-Sekmet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Let me know, but keep it classy!